Let's look at the stories that are making headlines today.
- Brent Sutter has reportedly stepped down from his job as New Jersey Devils head coach. Many speculate that he will join his brother Darryl in Calgary and take the reins as the franchise's 14th Head Coach. Brent is citing personal reasons saying he "misses his farm in Viking, Alberta" Brent will reside as Owner of the Red Deer Rebels, the team he formerly coached.
- Dany Heatley wants out of the nation's capital. Big ups to my Ottawa Correspondent BongHit for the continued coverage on this story. Info is that Heater was not happy with Cory Clouston cutting his playing time for coasting along with the Senators out of a playoff spot. Early possible destinations are Los Angeles, Minnesota and Vancouver. BongHit says that if he was the GM of the Senators and had the same speech impediment as Bryan Murray he would try and target L.A.'s Jack Johnson because he is "A Sherioush and Shpry Defensheman"
- Brian Burke will not re-sign Curtis Joseph, spelling the end of a lengthy and moderately accomplished career for CuJo.
- The Philadelphia Flyers will probably be introducing Ray Emery tomorrow at 11 AM in a press conference that is scheduled.
- As we speak, The Honorable Redfield T. Baum is announcing the verdit on whether owner Jerry Moyes is allowed to sell the Phoenix Coyotes to Jimmy "Black Berry" Ballsille who will stick them in Souther Ontario, Baum stated that if the Coyotes were to move to Hamilton, Jimmy Balls owes the NHL a substantial fee.
Oh, and there's some game tonight where some team could win the cup...
Well, there's not much else I can say about this series, except that this could be it.
Pittsburgh is going to come out guns'a blazing, anything to make sure they do not have to watch the Red Wings hoist the cup in their own building for the second straight year, Marian Hossa is going to have a huge night tonight. He wants the cup, he snubbed the Pittsburgh Penguins and their lucrative offer for a shot to hoist Lord Stanley's Mug, and nothing will be sweeter than to do it in front of the Pittsburgh Faithful.
Coach Obrand has another video for you.
I'm going to take a much needed nap so I have all my facilities for watching this possibly historic game.