Thursday, May 28, 2009

2008 Stanley Cup Finals: REEEEMIX 2K9

YEAAAAHHH!!!!                             WHAAAAATT?????                        OKAAYYYYYYY!
I always wanted to do that.  
So here's the deal.  Pittsburgh coasted into the Finals without a real challenge versus the Carolina Hurricanes, the Red Wings had a little bit of a tougher time, but it only took 5 games.
Darren Helm is one of my new favorite players, Sidney Crosby deserves some god damn recognition already Ovechkin fans.  I mean, two Stanley Cup Finals in two years?  Leading all players in the playoffs with 28 points?  Come on, even though he has a very dirty stache, you gotta give him some love.

Prediction!!!
Well the  Conference series' almost ruined the best Playoffs EVA.
I have a feeling the Stanley Cup Finals will be one of the best in recent memory.
I believe that now is the Penguins time, a changing of the guard, much like the Oilers defeating the mighty Islanders in 1984 after losing in the finals the year before.  Coincedentally this is the last time two teams met two years in a row.
Sid will get his ring, and the Conn Smythe, and the Pens will take their place as the NHL's elite.
Pittsburgh in 7 for the Stanley Cup.

Anyway after I gave my personal shortlist for the Canadiens Head Coaching position, I recieved a letter from my buddy Coach Obrand who had some choice words about the list, the playoffs and Cristobal Huet's performance last night.
As a disclaimer, the views by Coach Obrand are not shared by myself or anyone else on this site.

"Cristobal Huet!!! Obviously he would be the one to let in BOTH goals at the worst moment in history.. one of them in the third period.. the other being in OVERTIME!!!! For once in your life CLOSE YOUR DAMN LEGS I mean the guy lets in more rubber than a $2 Hooker. 

AND I am very dissapointed at you for not putting me on your list for the possible entraineur-chef of the club...Big Bird can be my assistant"

Thanks alot Coach.

Enjoy your hockey day off.
Happy Shavuot Hebrews and Shebrews.
Peace,
E


No comments: