Friday, April 10, 2009

CLINCH



So.. the Canadiens played a great game, but lost in Overtime on a bad goal
Buuuuuuutt......
And I don't think you do either.... With the point in overtime the Canadiens clinch that annoying little point that sends us into the Post Season.
Astonishingly, I'm excited for it and actually think we can do some damage.
Here's why...
It looked like we were up for dead when it was announced both Mathieu Schneider and Andrei Markov would be out indefinitely.
Our Power Play went 0-6 without them and it seemed like even if we did make the playoffs, we would not win a game against the Bruins or Capitals.
But Matty the Messiah made a triumphant return last night after we were told he was done for the year.
He revamped our PP that scored 3 goals and blasted a seeing eye shot past Timmy Thomas for his 9th of the season.
Most importantly, it looked like we were actually able to compete with the Big Bad Bruins tonight, aside from getting pushed around physically by Milan Lucic the re-incarnation of Cam Neely.
But hey, once Georgie Boy gets in the line-up, we can forget about that nuisance.
Nothing says "Get the Hell out of here and don't screw with my players" like a 6'3 250 pound Haitian.
Personally, I think that it'll be a close series if we play the Bruins.
A lot of you tell me "Well we're going to be 8th, so there's no chance we can win"
So, in 2002 we didn't deserve to beat the #1 Bruins?
"Well um, that was an exception"
And in 2004, we didn't deserve to come back from a 3-1 series deficit and beat the #2 Bruins?
"Well um, you see.."
AAAND to not sound like a complete homer, didn't the #8 Bruins give us all we could handle last year?
"Stop it, let me pretend to know what I'm talking about"
So here's the deal, when the Playoffs start, I want to see every friggin' mini van and SUV in Hampstead and Westmount festooned in Hab Flags, I wanna see banners draped along the apartments in Old Montreal, I want you to chant "OLE OLE" in your god-damned sleep, I want you ALL to piss off your teachers and bring Hab jerseys to school.
I WANT YOU TO BE PASSIONATE
I WANT YOU TO FORGET ABOUT ALL THE BULLSHIT THAT WENT ON THIS YEAR.
FORGET ABOUT CARBO AND HIS CRAZY TIES, FORGET ABOUT PASQUALE MANGIOLA AND HIS BEVY OF HOOKERS, FORGET ABOUT CAREY PRICE'S TUMBLE INTO MEDIOCRITY AND FOR GOD'S SAKE FORGET ABOUT THAT VACATION KOVALEV TOOK.
It's a new day.
A bright new day.
The season will start fresh.
This one is much more important.
Peace True Believers.
E


P.S. I want to thank you all for your ongoing support this year.
I did not think I would have kept writing by now, but I have more than 50 posts!


You guys kept me going with your positive feedback and your love for a pure no nonsense look at the game from a real fan, not the baboons on TV that make a living telling Canada about all their respective team's issues and not like the Blood Thirsty Jackals (Oops, I meant the french media) that constantly tell us we should get rid of any player who isn't born in Joliette or Abitibi-Témiscamingue.


So this will take long.


SHOUTOUTS TO: Coach Obrand, Litty the Boy Wonder, Tubby Waxman, The Nu, Le Petit Tigre, Smirnoff Ice, Griz, MC O-Mayzing, Bong Hit, Nadler, The St. G boys and ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS WISHED ME WELL OVER THE COURSE OF THIS BLOG'S GROWTH.
I raise a glass to you boys.
Happy Pesach,
Hope you drank ALL FOUR cups of wine tonight.
PEACE.

No comments: